Sunday, January 22, 2012

Honeymoon in Cabo!


Our Honeymoon was supposed to be a surprise for myself (court) but I'm SOOO SMART that I guessed it about a week before we left. Actually, I'd guessed many places, but Tyler and his inability to tell a lie couldn't lie when I guessed CABO SAN LUCAS! We went on a Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA down to Cabo (we got 2 days in cabo!) and then one day in Ensenada. We went over New Years to not conflict with school and it was wonderful. PLUS New Years Ever on a cruise is WAY more fun than any party I've ever been invited too. (Sorry people!) We had no homework or anything to worry about. We just cruised away and drank way too many mocktails. Here's Some of our photos.
Waiting in the airport...We had to leave at like 6AM. Hence why we look like we just woke up. However, that will be a continuing theme throughout the pictures. 
Our first night on the cruise was New Years Eve. Everyone was DOWN TO PARTY! We were SOOO tired waiting for those freaking balloons to fall! We went to bed like 5 minutes after they dropped. 
The balloons dropped and we both had our first new years kisses. A year ago our friends encouraged us to kiss on new years but we were both too chicken/weren't really interested.
So there's not a port in Cabo for the big ships so we had to come in on little tenders. Here we are in the corner of our crowded tender.  Super fun, I think Tyler was starting to get sea sick!
Chilin in cabo. My hair looked pretty good at the beginning of this day. By the time our mini tour cruise was over, my hair was in a million knots. Also, these $20 sunglasses (fyi I never spend more than like $5 on sunglasses) dropped and broke right after I burned my mouth on LITERALLY the HOTEST SALSA EVER! Turns out it was restaurant policy to warn about that salsa but our careless waiter forgot. DON'T taste the salsa that looks like Cafe Rio dressing, it'll ruin your meal and mouth for at least 3 hours.
Here we were getting ready to go our on our little tour cruise of cabo, which turned into a whale watching tour that we didn't pay for. As did our pirate cruise, which the pictures are on a disposable camera, which may or may not ever get developed! Also, LOTS OF CRABS! 
There's lovers rock for ya! Its hard to get a picture without a million little water taxies driving all the tourists around it. The other side is probably a little more famous. 
Walking around cabo, getting hustled.  
Lovers Arc rock thing again. Our ship was parked and for 2 days we had the view of the rock the entire time off our amazzzzing balcony. Everywhere we went they had "glass bottomed boats" that would water taxi you around the island. Our water taxi ROCKED because he started throwing stuff into the water and all the fish came as he shouted "look look! mexican nemo!" yeah, he got a pretty sweet tip!
Sting ray jumping in the water...tyler enjoying the boat ride. 

I think this "sex machine" boat is a tourist favorite to take pictures of. We preferred the "glass bottomed boats" ourselves. 


Some whale sightings on our boat/cruise/tour thing. These pictures don't look that exciting, but we were FREAKING out and soooo pumped to see the water spray out and the tail and everything. I have about 20 more pictures like these. 
I was SO excited when I saw Kitty Glitter! Right before Jessi got married we went down to Mesquite and had dinner at the Purple Fez and after she gambled like $.25 and won twenty dollars when I helped her pick the Kitty Glitter machine Read all about that here: on Jessi's blog

Miniature golfing on the ship.  Courtney won. 
This was one of my favorite moment! We orded mocktails the first time and Tyler was hesitant to get the "choco-CO banana" one because it had coconut milk in it, so he got the one with mango juice instead. When they came out he was SO bummed when he saw mine.  We shared, and, long story short, he had choco-co bananas every day even at breakfast on the morning we left the ship.

Enjoying mocktails...Tyler with his choco-co banana and me with a pina colada. 

In Ensenada. This place was actually my favorite. Not sure why, maybe because I love the sweet leather bag I got or the amazing tacos (seriously, amazing!) Here we are on a bus on our way to El Bufadora? aka The Blowhole!
My second pair of sunglasses, a third pair for the trip. We'd shortly be purchasing tylers second pair since his pair from Cabo also broke. We had bad sunglasses luck!

Kissing at El Bufadora, I didn't really get any good pictures of it exploding. Just a video.

Being tourists, this should be at the beginning, it's right when we got to cabo and I still had my big sunglasses. 

Ensenada Sunset
So there you have it. Our belated honeymoon. I've never been on a honeymoon right after I got married, but I totally thought that this was the perfect way to do it. Wedding stress and school stress were totally done and over and we enjoyed every second, except the salsa that tried to kill me. This ended up being a lot more photos than I intended!

3 comments:

  1. looks like lots of fun! and you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kitty glitter!! That's hilarious!
    Looks like a good time! it's still weird that you two are married!
    A good weird though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I loved seeing every single pic. You did not share too many. Stella loved seeing them too!

    ReplyDelete