Saturday, March 3, 2012

Smörgåsbord

A Smörgåsbord is some sort of scandinavian buffet. This Smörgåsbord is just a bunch of picture from the last month of so, since I've been neglecting the Evans blog. Well a sick Saturday for me means a new blog for the world. Life is good. :)
So last month we went to see Cass Mccombs. If anyone happened to be at our wedding you'll remember Tyler surprised me and sung me Dream Come True Girl by Cass Mccombs. So romantic! Seriously, and it was fun to go to our first show down at Kilby Court, which is now just around the corner from our house.  It was a great show!





If you've been to Kilby this is a familiary picture. Blurry and back lit. Cass kept asking them to turn the lights down more and more. This is the best picture that we got, but I found beauty in its blurriness.


Tyler buying his ticket as Kilby. Niether of us had been here in quite some time. Unfortunately we looked like quite the newbies when we showed up to the show on time (not realizing how quick the walk would be...) not to mention we never got the memo that the show would be starting an hour later. Finally, after an Alberto's breakfast burrito, we  got to go in.


This is Frank Fairfield. He opened for Cass. He was A M A Z I N G! He is way past his time. I felt like I was in the south on some porch while Frank played the violin, banjo and guitar. And his voice and lyrics. He started crying and tears were falling down his face.  I've never seen a crowd so instantly accepting of something so completely foreign. The lights were brighter for him, but he also wouldn't stop moving and pounding his foot (not complaining) but again, left it hard to get a clear picture. 


Why are we so happy? Because it's VALENTINES DAY! Valentines 2012 was not only our first Vday together, but the first one for both of us to have someone special. Therefore, we aren't professionals. Tyler woke me up and couldn't wait to give me my first gift, windshield wipers. Which for me is as romantic as any bouquet! 

 For dinner we went to Asian Star. (another blurry photo!? geez, i'm sorry people, I hate to use the flash on my camera. I think that blurriness looks better than a flash sometimes, maybe this photo is pushing it though.) Anyway...about Asian Star. That was delicious! Can you say walnut shrimp? Holy smokes! I can still remember its goodness, all these weeks later. However, Vday is nuts!
 

Why are we so happy? O that's because we are back at USU cheering on the Aggies. It was great game. I've talked up those games to Tyler for ages. He was impressed by the crowd (if you havent experienced a game in The Spectrum you just wont understand, youtube it!) However, we were down, I believe 15, and it wasn't lookin so good. Until...na na na naaaa! We totally came back and won by 13. The crowd went wild as per usual, and I believe Tyler has been converted to Aggieism. 
 Did I mention Ash and Justin and Lexie joined us for the ride up? It was a sisters party. Cassi was so stoked! PS those glasses are mine and Lexies old "band outfit" from our old band.
 Tyler is getting into the game....so is the crowd.
 
Glasses friends. 

 Hey fellas. Look at all these single ladies. I've got the hookups for ya. Left to right, Megan, Lexie, Cassi, and Sam. The waiter of this evening is your new competition though.
 O and also, we drank about 30 sodas.... Thank you firehouse pizza! And thank you Ashley and Justin for dinner!


IT'S NOT OVER YET! Are you still with me, here comes some more pictures...
The Rose side of the family threw me the most delicious brunch/shower ever! Peaches n Cream baked french toast.   
 

We have 8:30 AM church. Its about the most faith trying thing so far for us.  Considering Tyler works Mon-Sat, it is his only day off and he gets to wake up bright n early. As pictured, he might have trouble staying awake sometimes. Last week, it was stake conference and since we live downtown it is held at Assembly Hall on Temple Square. It was finally a day we could sleep in EXCEPT we had joined the ward choir, so we were still there at 8:30 rehearsing. It was fun though. We do a great rendition of
Hold to the Rod.

I will post this as my picture proving I cook. Well sometimes. I made some stuffed peppers. I thought they tasted amazzzzing, and Tyler ate his fare share so I think he agrees. Unfortunately, this picture is before I popped them into the oven and not after when they looked even better. I love cooking. I wish I had more time. Its fun to make something for someone to enjoy. Luckily my Tyler enjoys just about anything. 
 Whitney left on her mission. :( She has worked long and hard to get there. She is amazing and has showed all of us up in life. We had a nice sisters night just before she left. Stayed at a hotel, stuffed our faces first at the Blue Lemon and later with candy as we laughed all night. This is our morning picture, and my favorite, not only because I'm front n center, but because it's 100% candid and everyone looks so happy! More pictures of sisters night, can be seen on Ashley's blog




 Well, smorgasborg is over. I should really keep up on this blog ya?

2 comments:

  1. do you want the original picture cleavage included?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the catch up post. And the Cass blurry pic is totally awesome! Love it. You guys are too cute for your own good.

    ReplyDelete